I spent a great deal of time today doing more hacking on Paladin, a trend I've had the last week or so when I wasn't working on getting my book out the door. The Code Library feature, for now, has been withdrawn until I can get it working well, which it just doesn't right now -- everything works the right way except for synchronization, which is the entire point behind the feature. The code for it is still there, but it won't be enabled for the next release. I fixed several really annoying bugs, including workarounds for two bugs in Haiku which took a lot of effort to find but were trivial to work around once found. One of them is project files being mistakenly identified as plain text files.
Source control is the star feature for the next release. I intend to make it about as easy as possible to integrate source control into a developer's workflow as possible. It took me a long time to really "get it," but now that I do, I want others to have an easy time using it without having to learn command line syntax until they're ready to do so. The only thing that I currently have on the to-do list before the release is to polish and test the different ways that source control is used. Once that's done, I'll be putting out a release. I really love this project -- the rewards are incredibly satisfying. :)