Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More Progress on Code Lookup

I finally came upon a term for the new Paladin feature that I've been doing R&D on the last couple of weeks: Code Lookup, which will look up code definitions for enumerated types, methods, and more using a database from header files. I'm getting better at hacking Lua, though I would still call myself a novice. I rewrote the parser using a more structured, less hackish approach, and I've managed to make it work pretty well. Considering that I've never delved into this particular realm of computer science before, I'd say that I did OK. It sits on top of the luasql engine at the moment, which needs some more work. Once I've gotten it working properly under Ubuntu, I'll be migrating the project to Haiku. From there, integrating Code Lookup into PalEdit shouldn't be too difficult. I'm not wild about adding more dependencies, but I can easily see greater use of Lua with the Paladin suite because of its flexibility and ease of integration with C/C++. I can't wait until this gets to the point where I can use it under Haiku.

No comments:

Post a Comment